Saturday, January 4, 2014

First week of the New Year!

So, how was  your New Year's?

We were invited to a couple of neighborhood parties that were going on, so we had lots of fun and laughs with good friends.  It had snowed and was quite cold, but the air was still and the snow was fresh and sparkly, so it was a beautiful way to ring in 2014.

New Year's Day we stayed in and watched TV and movies and snacked on leftovers.  Both adults in the house worked Thursday and Friday, so thank heavens for grandmas!  The kids had fun and we just had two days before we knew another round of days off were going to happen :)

And.......record breaking colds temps are predicted starting tomorrow, plus more snow that has already started falling.  The kids, who are supposed to go back to school on Monday, might just have their Christmas break extended if school is cancelled on Monday.  Considering that we took them out of school the week before break, they are some very lucky kiddos!

I did a major grocery store stock-up in anticipation of the week ahead, I think everyone else around here had the same idea!  I was also able to sneak in an outdoor run before the snow and crazy cold started.  I love being able to run outside in January - it doesn't happen often, so I take advantage when I can!

I will try to post again soon with Disney pics and stories (I am SOOOOO missing Florida weather right now) and some yummy pictures of desserts!  There is a birthday in our house on Monday (another reason one of my kids is especially hoping for a day off, ha!) and I am trying to decide how to decorate her cake.....it's always fun to let the ideas roll around in my head for a bit :)

Stay warm!  And if you are in a warm place, be glad!

1 comment:

  1. we went back to school Thursday which stunk so we're crossing our fingers that school will be cancelled Monday!!

    ReplyDelete