Monday, November 14, 2011

Christmas Shopping Weekend!

My first "thankful thing" is sister-in-laws! I have been blessed with 4 fabulous ones and I'm grateful they are in my life. This past weekend, I was able to do a shopping/overnight trip with one of them!

Last Friday, my phone conked out. Yep, the brand-new, only 3 months old phone. Long story short, a new one should be arriving this week. So, that kind of threw me for a bit of a loop knowing I would be gone a good portion of the weekend. Thankfully, (that's 2, if you're counting;) Jerry lent me his phone which is exactly like mine. (Naturally I forgot that I could take pictures on his phone as well, so I have none:(

We left Saturday and headed out for lunch followed by hours of shopping at the mall, Kohl's, Target (of course!) and a few others random places. We try to get a good portion of Chrismtas shopping done for our own kids and family members.

Truth be told, I shopped a good bit for myself as well. But what else is a girl to do when armed with a 30% off coupon at Kohl's?!?! (Side note: I earned 40.00 in Kohl's cash for a future trip!)

We got to bed after midnight at the hotel, and just as we were starting to doze off the very LOUD, LARGE group that had checked in for a wedding became extremely obnoxious and could be heard for hours in the hallway. My lovely SIL mentioned it the following morning and the manager kindly took 50% off our stay. (Do I hear a coffee and Target run in my near future?!?!) So, by the time we split the cost/savings we each ended up only spending around 20.00 for the stay. We figured we maybe got 4 hours of sleep, so I'm thinking at 5.00 an hour it's a pretty good bargain.

We shopped a little more yesterday before heading home where I was able to sort, stash and wrap a few things. Combined with an online order I completed last night and being about half-way done with Christmas card envelopes I am feeling okay about Christmas being just under 6 weeks away.

Next up: Major Christmas cookie baking weekend...followed by Black Friday! (And I'm thankful for those fun things to look forward to!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment