As I sat at my computer for my afternoon free time yesterday, I decided it was time to tweak the 'ol blog a little bit.
Do you like it?
Good, because I'm not sure I can get it back to the other layout. I am sorely computer illiterate. The fact that I can even navigate a blog still manages to astound me most days.
But then I never thought I would be able to run more than a block, either.
Or figure out frosting roses and covering a cake in fondant.
I guess the late 30's (ack! did I just say that??!) are a time when one learns new things about one's self.
(Insert thoughtful pause here.)
But enough pontificating....here's some (very!) random items about this week....
Not only is the blog baking world going crazy over S'mores and the like this summer, apparently Oreos are having their day in the sun as well.
Or shade, rather. Because we all know what the sun can do to a poor Oreo.
Here is a tasty looking treat....
And another one....as of my my kids' friends said..."No matter if it's day or night you have to CALL ME when you make these!!"
I joined Fitness Pal. It will depress you as to how many Oreo bars you WON'T be able to eat. But it's a really good way to keep track of what's going into your body. I was amazed by some of the statistics on what I thought would be a "good" day."
We had a very low-key 4th of July weekend. As in, "no going to fireworks and becoming increasingly annoyed at neighbors who persisted in launching them after 8:00 p.m." low-key. Is this also a symptom of being in the late 30's??
It was nice to just kick back and not have much going on, though. Lots of relaxing and good family time.
I tried, I really tried. And for about 5 minutes I WAS able to keep up with the Kardashians.
And rediscovered why I rarely watch TV.
Beyond that, we spent some time at the pool this week and continued with our low-keyness (keyedness?). The summer goes so quickly that it's good to slow down a bit and take in each day. (second thoughtful pause.)
So, now I'm off to try and be a little bit productive since apparently pantry shelves don't stock themselves and papers don't get magically filed away on their own.
Have a great weekend!
What a great shot!
ReplyDelete