Friday, July 8, 2011

Fridays are more fun without a plan!

My day started out with a planned long run. Turned out to be a REALLY long run. My running buddy and I are training for a 1/2 marathon so we were on target for a 7-mile trek. However, we went out a little further than we thought and we had to be back in time for husbands to get to work, so......we ran 9 to make up for the 2 miles that would have taken too long to walk. It was a beautiful morning and I think the fact that the temperature was cool and there was a light breeze helped. Plus, we technically only need to run up to 10 miles for our training, so I'm excited we've come this far!

One of my friends had called yesterday to ask if I would help out with her garage sale this morning. She and her family are getting ready to move and they are having one last "get rid of everything" hurrah. I wasn't really planning on purchasing anything....

But for $10.00 I got all the above!! My friend joked that she didn't really need to have a garage sale, she should have just invited me over for coffee!

And speaking of coffee, is it crazy to dream about this the last mile or so of my run???


So, now here I sit with about 3 hours of unexpected free time as my kids were invited over to another friend's house for a play date. We're trading off kids and around 3:00 I'll plan to take her kids and mine to the pool (thanks to a little help from my Mom:)

So, since today has turned out well so far with unplanned things, I'm waiting to see what falls from the sky for dinner. And if it's not too much to ask, perhaps laundry cleaned, folded and put away??

1 comment:

  1. Love your new header. :) Great job on the prep for your half marathon. I don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete