Yes, I am a stay-at-home Mom. I do not punch a clock M-F from 8-5:00 (I barely remember the days! And another thing I don't remember: what on earth did I do with the other 123 hours of the week? 123 HOURS??)
But I still love Friday. I think it's my favorite day of the week. Anticipation of the weekend without the stress of Saturday's "chores and various activities/sports/events/get it all done" stuff and Sunday's "it's almost over" angst.
And what a welcome thing Friday is this week, especially. It's been a week.....
- Tuesday night we had plastic melt on the bottom of the oven. Nothing says lovin' from the oven like toxic fumes and smoke detectors. But hey, I know they still work! Lemonade from lemons.
- On Wednesday the fish started acting weird.
- Thursday/Friday....fish passes on to bluer waters. Kids devastated. Truthfully, Mom is too....the fish was always SO happy to see me in the morning and always rushed up to the side of the bowl to greet me.
- Friday morning....kids bedroom shades decided to break and fall down - both rooms.
- Friday late morning...downstairs toilet majorly clogged...am dreading the inevitable task of rationing out toilet paper to visiting guests of the 6 year-old variety since this isn't the first time it has happened. I'll gladly take helpful suggestions at this point!
- Friday afternoon...replaced the shades - a simple easy task that went smoothly...whew!
- Decided to walk off some stress since it was in the 50's and not raining....almost a mile away from home and the skies poured out.
- 5:08p.m. Have made the choice to serve pretty much whatever people want for dinner - as long as it doesn't include the oven or much thought from me whatsoever!
Come to think of it, maybe I'm most anxious for 12:01am Saturday!!
Hope your weekend gave you the relief and relaxation you deserved! :)
ReplyDelete