I realize that it's been a week since I posted (sorry!) and it's been a long time since I've done a Thankful Thursday.
I had started a couple of different posts about various things over the past week, but never had the time to finish them and when I would get back to the computer I couldn't get my groove back on.
I've also been fighting off a sinus infection, one of my kids is home sick, and the car died (but was revived.) And one of my kids found a 2 week old banana festering in their backpack.
After the awful catastrophe in Japan, blogging about anything going on here, good or bad, seemed almost disrespectful. I think Big Mama wrote a good paragraph about that yesterday (3/16) on her blog. It kind of summed up how I felt.
And a neighbor that I've recently befriended is facing some scary and unknown medical things in her family.
So, with those things in mind, I will take my infected sinues and dead alternators! It really makes you stop and think about how many blessings there are all around us.
- A beautiful, honest-to-goodness, warm spring day yesterday. Full sun, warm rays, the whole thing. Made it so much easier to get around with no car!
- The car died in our garage. I had places to go and things to do, but nothing so urgent that couldn't wait. I wasn't left stranded anywhere in the cold with kids, and my husband was able to come home from work early to get the car into the shop quickly.
- Plenty of food whether it be in the pantry or the at the store.
- All of us together....eating a simple dinner, then being able to climb into warm beds. Then getting to wake up to another day....seems so simple until you realize that the reality of this has been taken away from so many.
- Spring break in just over a week. It always is a good time to reconnect with the kids and get some energy stored up for the last 8 weeks or so of school.
- Good friends and neighbors that I can rely on....and they are always just a phone call away.
So, I'm hoping this finds you in a good place today....and I'll try to post again before next Thursday:)
No comments:
Post a Comment