That is a coconut milk, raspberry, blueberry and spinach smoothie there. While it's no Mai Tai on the beach, it is still very tasty. The key to adding spinach to smoothies is using dark berries to go with it, for both color and flavor. For the record, I haven't been putting spinach in the kids drinks, but they have been drinking either banana berry or mango pineapple and are enjoying them.
I told the kids I would make cookies one day this week but it would be a more healthful cookie than just the average sugar cookie. I had made this recipe before using butterscotch chips (so yummy!) so I just tweaked it a bit. I started with these...
And rolled the tops in chocolate chips....
Then, to be a little more adventurous I added some cranberries and chocolate-covered raisins to some of them.....the visual isn't quite as appetizing as one would hope!
But it sure was delectable!
Oatmeal Cookies:
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 white sugar
3/4 brown sugar
(I was feeling bold and cut both sugars down to about 2/3 cup each - I didn't notice a taste difference at all!)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups rolled oats
Various assortment of cranberries, raisins, chocolate....next time I want to try a cranberry and white chocolate concoction!
- Heat oven to 375
- Beat the butter and sugars together until smooth, add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, soda, cinnamon and salt until combined.
- Stir or mix in oats. You can add your candies at this point, or roll dough into individual balls and dip into toppings if you like your cookies to look all decked out!
Aside from the sugar and butter, I felt this was a fairly wholesome treat due to the whole wheat flour and oats. In the future I am thinking of substituting honey for the sugar - has anyone had any experience with this?
No comments:
Post a Comment