Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Tuesday

I guess I'm in the mood for posting blogs with days of the week in the title.

But, I'm excited for today! We had a restful weekend with lots of family time and not a busy schedule. It was great to unwind after a hectic, upside-down kind of week. And the sun it out and it's going to be over 40....yay!

I've made it through 8 days of The Shred and kept up my running on the treadmill. I can feel my arms getting stronger, so that's enough to keep me motivated. I'm hoping to take a run in the great outdoors this week - and looking so forward to the days of the sun (and me) rising at 5am for an outdoor run where the only suiting up I need to do is a t-shirt and shorts.

Purple Hearts just picked up a big load of stuff from my front porch yesterday. If I can squeeze in a few minutes, I'm going to get some things out of the master bedroom closet - it tends to be the dumping zone.

I'm also trying to pack up lunches CONSISTENTLY the day before (makes the mornings so much better!!) they are needed while simultaneously cutting back on simple carbs for kid lunches/snacks. Celery, anyone?? They say children learn by example....I've been eating veggies like they're going out of style and my kids still prefer Goldfish! Time to just purge the pantry and stock it with healthy-only choices and let the chips fall where they may. (Yes, a bad joke, but I couldn't resist!) If they are truly hungry a banana or whole grain crackers may just look yummy after awhile. I'm also trying to make the veggies the main dish and center the other food (meat, rice, etc.) around that, instead of the other way around.

So, what's going on this week for you?

1 comment:

  1. Does that mean just a bigger serving of veggies, or have you found some more interesting things to do with the veggies? Steer clear of the lemon juice on steamed broccoli - Jerry will never forgive me :0)

    ReplyDelete