I found this adorable idea in a Family Circle magazine and couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it before. These were for a friend whose birthday was earlier in the week.
(In my next phase of life I think it would be fun to join a giant bakery think tank....can you imagine how much fun that would be? I have no idea if they actually call them think tanks, but every other kind of think tank sounds rather dull, so why not have a dessert one and liven things up a bit?)
Up close cupcake....
And then I had this idea.....
I used the giant Wilton cupcake pan to make a holiday/birthday cake for my sweet girl who turned 8. She had her party and the "official" cake last weekend (see below for pictures and details) but of course we needed something for the actual big day.
And it was the annual neighborhood cookie exchange....
And birthday pancakes for a special birthday girl...
Now, about the "official" birthday cake. Here is the picture I was given about 2 months ago......
Easy enough, right?!?! I mean, it's not like she didn't also give detailed instructions.......
So here is a picture of the work from the ground up....
(That's 2 chocolate cake layers and 2 chocolate chip cookie layers!)
And here is the finished result.....
And here it is after 2 dozen people had been served.....
It was yummy....and I was excited that the cookie/cake combo worked out pretty well. I think I have a little "think tanker" of my very own.
Sounds like a great combo!
ReplyDelete