(Disclaimer: There will unfortunately be no giving away of Ipads or 2012 Volkswagon Bugs on this blog.)
So, without further delay, a few more blurry pictures (when will it end??) for your viewing pleasure....
One of my favorite things to see every year are the felt sequined ornaments that my Grandma made every year, year after year. These three are my most favorite because of the beautiful sequins that sparkle against the tree lights. I think she went through a major sequin phase that year, because they are more heavily adorned than some from other years. Every time I see them I think of how much time each one must have taken. Hours and hours, like a fine cake......:)
This has to be the simplest decoration ever invented. It's a salad spinner bowl with ornaments and blinking lights. That's okay....we tend to eat more cookies this time of year!
One of our Christmas trees that is solely dedicated to Grandma's felt/sequin ornaments.....
The beautiful advent calendar, made by you-know-who....in the year of the sequin.
Isn't she precious?? My sweet friend and neighbor gave me this gift a few years ago. I love it because it feels like such a "me" kind of decoration....complete with her own rolling pin.
This is a plant shelf that I feel free to rock out with Christmas lights and any other sort of holiday item I feel like. Do you notice the ceramic tree? My hubby painted that when he was 12 :)
(Guess who made the stockings??) And yes, that is a paper towel roll holding up the middle Santa hat. Because I am very Martha Stewart that way.
The powder room Christmas tree...did I mention we have a few trees?!?!
Some of my favorite books and CD's.
This is one of my favorite Nativity sets ever. The angel on the top plays a song and lights up and my kids still love when this box is opened every year. I think I will continue to display it even when the kids are teenagers and roll their eyes at me and say..."Mooooommm" And then someday my grandchildren can play with it as well.
I think this might be my most favorite of all....children reading the Christmas books by the light of the tree.....(insert happy sigh:)
What are some of your favorite Christmas things??
I love this post! We only have one tree right now, but now I'm feeling inspired so maybe next year... :)
ReplyDeleteThose ornaments are just lovely by the way. Your Grandma really had a knack for making great tree decorations. I can see why they mean so much to you.