Then all the tripping and nonsense of Saturday happened.
We had planned on making these......
Know what you need 2 of to do this??
Two healthy, non-scraped up hands.
But a promise is a promise, and I figured with a little instruction the kids could handle it on their own with some verbal encouraging from the lady with 2 bum mitts.
Didn't they do great??!!
For the record, I did not use this recipe, but the cookies look the very same and I have a feeling this is a good one to to with if you are in a bit of a time crunch. (time crunch...cookie crunch....I'm so ON today!)
Completely switching gears and giving you a little bit of a back story.......
Our community's high school football team this year is AWESOME! I believe they are undefeated and a big part of that is the senior quarterback who happens to live around the block from us. We've known him and his family since he was 11, so it's kind of neat to say "we knew him when."
Anyhoo.
The girls had a Girl Scout event on Sunday (I promise this story will wrap up and have some sort of point) and when I drove Reaghan's friend home, the friends' dad asked me again if I knew the quarterback because he wants his autograph for his son. And I was able to say with complete confidence:
"Yes, I've know him since he was 11....and as a matter of fact I left part of my palms on the street in front of his house yesterday."
They did great! These are one of my favorite cookies . . . definitely a "must-make" for the holidays!
ReplyDelete