Saturday, November 20, 2010

On the Road again

Well, I laced up the ol' running shoes today and headed to the great outdoors. It was a cold morning so I bundled up and wore 2 pair of gloves. Mostly for warmth, with a side of extra careful thrown in.

I had been wanting to get back outside for a good run before it gets absolutely too cold. The treadmill and I have established a good working relationship, but I need the fresh scenery whenever possible. I was afraid that if I didn't get back out before the 5 months or so winter outdoor running hiatus (please, oh please let us have a few 30 degree Saturday mornings that are free of the wind!) I would be fearful to start up again in the spring.

It was a good run, though a little windy on the way back home. I felt skittish at first, but was able to get a good rhythm going eventually. All in all, a much better end to a running season than last weekend would have been!

No comments:

Post a Comment