I'm about ready to pack it up and move on. I know that one week from this very night, the Thanksgiving meal will be but a memory (sob, sniff....already??) and the Christmas chocolates and mints and M&M's will be on full display everywhere you look. My very favorite holiday commercials star the Hershey Kisses that sound and move like Christmas bells and the M&M's where they encounter Santa and both the yellow one and Santa exclaim...."He/They are real!" and then both faint. True holiday classics. Well, those and the Pampers commercials that feature the sleeping babies while "Silent Night" plays in the background.)
But I digress.....(and regularly!)
I had been thinking of doing some sort of candy "pizza" and was given the opportunity when I needed to make something for an impromptu luncheon. I was in the process of finding a Christmas cookie recipe from my Nestle cookbook when I encountered this....
The recipe was for this brownie base and then topped with a whipped/cream cheese frosting that was then covered with fresh berries. Very yummy, but berries are out of season and let's be honest.....we're all about the candy.
I opened up a bag of caramel bits.......I guess at this point I have to admit that Amazon does truly sell everything...just so you know, Target sells these individually if you don't need the whole case!
So, a brownie "crust"........caramel "sauce"....and an assortment of "toppings."
I used about 3 fun-size bars each of M&M's, Snickers, Milky Way, Whoppers and Kit-Kats. I thought about posting the recipe for the brownies, but I'll be honest here and say you can get the same results from a box mix. If you truly would like the recipe, let me know in the comments and I'll get back to you.
And of course, I made 2 because I have 4 certain people in my life who kind of look over my shoulder and say....."Did you save any for us?"
No comments:
Post a Comment