What to blog about, what to blog about.....hmmmmmm????
I have lots of thoughts in my head and none of them are cohesive enough to write about one particular theme. Since when has that stopped me?? So here goes:
- We turned in our Operation Christmas Child boxes last Friday. I LOVE doing this every year with the kids and we usually try to shop together. As the kids get older and things get busier, it's hard to find the time to make sure we're all together, so this year I purchased the items myself and let the kids pack their own boxes. (See "New Decade, New Mindy speech from my previous post - in the past this would have wrecked havoc on my brain and I would still just be talking about getting the boxes done.)
- My computer has decided to go in and out of whack this morning. It's driving me 16 different kinds of nuts.
- I CANNOT believe Thanksgiving is about 2 weeks away. I purchased most of my holiday baking supplies over the weekend and would love to take a picture with a witty caption, but I don't have the stamina to drag it all to the basement just for a photo opp(sp?) (Please refer back to "My camera only works in the dark" post. I can't remember where I wrote that:(
- It has been unseasonably BEAUTIFUL here this past weekend and into this week. I'm wanting to do nothing but be outside, but alas, chores...laundry...people around here still expecting food on the table with some regularity.
- I was invited to a cookie swap set up for next month. Can I just let you know that it is one of my favorite holiday things to do? Here's why......
My running buddy Sandy has the patience of Job because she makes these in large amounts every.single.year. My family stands waiting at the door for me to walk in with these. I once ate 2 while walking on the treadmill...true story.
- Here is what I'm planning to bring.....8 dozen, at least!
My family will also stare me down until I pull the first cookie sheet out of the oven - these are truly a delightful cookie if you are a "mint" person.
- Which leads me right into the next thought....I've been trying to wean my family off sugar for the past 2 days. No chocolate milks in the morning, no candy treats from the Halloween stash in the dining room, no cookies after school....
I'm pretty sure they're getting ready to call local authorities on grounds of neglect.....
But, we did an interesting treasure hunt yesterday. Reaghan rounded up the foods that one might eat in a normal day and we counted up the sugar grams (Why yes, I AM available for parties and I'm quite entertaining!)
I explained I'm not out to ruin any one's good time (yeah, right!!) but in light of all the Halloweening that has occurred and all the seasonal baking and eating that is upcoming, we need to "rein it in" a little and then enjoy our treats when we have them. Who knows what the sugar withdrawal will do to this crowd, it may get a little rough around here!
And with that, I need to go feed more people and then think about what it is they will require for their next feeding. And to think, the "baby" is almost 5.
Hey, I won a neighborhood cookie swap contest with those babies! Yum!
ReplyDeletelove oreo balls! I make those chocolate cookies only I use a chocolate cake mix for the cookies and for the mint I use a "grasshopper" cookie...yumm! I may have to try the andes mints this year!
ReplyDelete