It's over already?!?!? Onto Christmas!! (Egads.....)
It was a lovely Thanksgiving week here. I only worked on Tuesday, and Jerry and the kids had the week completely off from work and school. I think everyone enjoyed the needed break and down time.
We had out of town family stay with us for 3 nights - kind of a rotating door of different cousins and an aunt and it was SO.MUCH.FUN. Since we went to my brother and sister-in-law's for Thanksgiving, I didn't have a big meal to cook, so that kept things simple.
I did some baking.....
Every year the kids choose a dessert to help me with - though they are getting so grown=up that it ends up being me that offers minimal assistance!
On Thanksgiving morning, Peyton and I ran a neighborhood 5K that a couple of neighbors organized. They had cones to mark off the route and one of the guys even timed it. Such a great start to the day. It was chilly, but not too windy or rainy. I ended up coming in last because I walked part of the way with Peyton who wasn't feeling up to running the full race. She cut out about half way through and went to help her friend get the cider and apples ready. So......I finished last (womp, womp, womp.) It was sort of embarrassing, but I tried to remember it was all good fun and didn't really matter where I finished. (except in my own head!)
After that, it was monkey bread and egg casserole before heading over to my brother's for more delicious food. This cutie kept us entertained....
She is the sweetest niece dog I could ask for :)
Later in the evening, a few of us ventured to one of the outdoor malls. It was all decorated with lights and the crowds weren't too bad at all! I didn't buy anything, but it was fun to look. The next morning we got up (but not crazy early) and went to Target where I bought all the things, lol! I found a pre-lit 6 ft. tree for $30.00, so yay me!!
The rest of the weekend was spent visiting, eating more, and just hanging out. On Saturday afternoon when all our guests headed for home, we put our trees up (yes, trees) and got most of the Christmas decorations out. I would say we are 85 percent done, it's that last part that is the hardest! But, I love all the pretty lights and will get to the rest as I can. This is my "last day" of freedom before my work week starts, so I'm enjoying this evening with my family, lights, a Christmas movie, and my last glass of wine leftover from Thanksgiving.
Tomorrow is its own issue, right?!?!?


No comments:
Post a Comment