Thursday, November 17, 2016

Thankful Thursday (Also known as catching up)

Hello friends and family!

First of all - it's ONE WEEK until Thanksgiving!!!!  I can't believe it.

I'm so excited because it is my favorite holiday.  As much as I love Christmas, things tend to get to so hectic that it is hard to enjoy it in a relaxing way. (unfortunately) But Thanksgiving is all about food, family, and just enjoying the day.  I have my shopping list started and everything baking related planned out.  My kids have all next week off school, Jerry has vacation time to use up, and I only have to work one day so it should be lots of fun.

Other things on my list this week:

 - I am so grateful for such a beautiful fall.  I've been able to run in shorts all the way through yesterday.  Colder air is supposed to come in this weekend, but the temperatures and the gorgeous fall colors (I'll spare you more of my tree pics, haha!!) this year have been nothing short of incredible.

- I'm thankful the election season is over.  'Nuf said.

- Work.  I have been working lots this week and the last.  My main job (part-time) is dental receptionist, but in the last year or so I have also signed up to be a lunchroom monitor/server at both the middle school and elementary school.  It's very sporadic, so I don't technically consider myself as having 2 jobs.  Until now, since I have been working Monday-Saturday at both jobs, lol!!!  But even though it's been a little chaotic I enjoy the variety of both places and the people I work with, and I realize that not everyone has the opportunity for employment for various reasons.  Since the whole money falling from the sky thing hasn't happened, I'm counting this as a win ;)

- I've got to wrap this up, but I'm so thankful to live in the U.S.A.  I'm grateful to those in the past who foraged to a new land so that we all may enjoy the life we live today.  May we work together and never take it for granted.

I'd love to think I will blog more before next week, but if prior records are any indicator.......

So, just in case, have a Blessed Thanksgiving - gobble, gobble!!

No comments:

Post a Comment