Before I forget and put it off any longer - a picture of the Lego Cake!
(Two weeks ago already!)
The birthday boy was happy, so I was too :)
In other news, I finally went to the doctor over the weekend in between work and basketball and a cub scout event, and was prescribed meds for a sinus infection.
I'm feeling SO MUCH BETTER, so that tops my thankful list.
I also just worked one day this week due to the office being closed for the back half of this week, so am glad for the time to catch up on stuff around here. Ironically, I was back at the dental office yesterday so all three kids could get in for their appointments, ha!
I spent today alternately doing chores around the house and enjoying the quiet. I love having my family gathered around, but what mom doesn't savor the sounds of silence now and again?!?!?
This weekend I am planning on going to a "Cake Pops and Cocktails" party. The featured emcee will be......ME!
I take a spin class at the gym and have befriended quite a few girls there. Once in a while, I will bring in an after class treat (I know, I know! But I have to take all this stuff somewhere!!) to counter the effect of all the calorie burning, lol! Anyway, cake pops have always been a favorite, so our instructor asked if I would show everyone how to make them if she hosted a girls night. I have all my supplies and am looking forward to my evening of being a teacher :) Should be lots of fun. Believe it or not, I've never made lemon flavored ones, and the thought of anything "springy" is so appealing right now. Plus, I am going to do all the steps except the dunking and sprinkling, (everyone is bringing a cake of their choice, so I will help them finish theirs) and will freeze mine so I can bring them to Easter which is only a month away!
I know this post has been a bit rambly, but the dinner hour calls and it's calzones, yum! I would share the recipe, but it's just bread dough and pizza sauce from Trader Joes's, then fill with cheese and whatever else appeals and/or is in the fridge!
Have a fabulous weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment