Hello!
The birthday celebrations in our family are done for awhile now. Jerry and I have now raised kids to double digits (yay us!) so I feel we hit a big milestone this month.
I will post pictures of the cake later (it turned out well, but oh the hours involved) and the whole process reminded me I sometimes miss complicated cake decorating, but most of the time I do not. It is just not something you can work on for an hour or so and have things be all tidy and complete. I need all the kitchen surfaces, nothing else happening in the house, and quiet stretches of space and time along with an empty schedule. So in other words, "WELCOME TO THE LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE, MINDY, YOUR UNICORN FLIGHT WILL BE LANDING ON A RAINBOW CLOUD SHORTLY." There is a reason bakeries charge astronomical amounts for the work they do.
As a parting gift, I came down with a bad cold/viral thing. It's been circulating our house for a couple of weeks, so I guess it's my turn to pay the piper, and I'm just grateful I was able to have it delayed until now. I struggled through work yesterday, laid around most of today on my day off, and will try to get by tomorrow. One day at a time.
We didn't do much on Sunday (Valentine's Day) which felt like the best gift of all. We had a friend over for dinner, but even that was low-key. Monday was President's Day, which meant kids off school, but Mondays are my usual day off work as well, so we ran a couple of errands and caught up on house chores. Then, more couch time.
And speaking of, it's calling my name again!
No comments:
Post a Comment