Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Summer! (and a quick, easy recipe for Tasty Tuesday)

Finally, a day that felt like summer with NO RAIN!

We went to the water park for four hours and there is a baseball game that can BE PLAYED!

Such a great day....going to store this one in the memory banks for a long time :)

Here is what I made for a quick early dinner - no time for pics:

1 box fettuccine noodles
1 jar (I used Clasico) alfredo sauce
8 slices deli ham
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper

Cook pasta according to directions.  After draining, add remaining ingredients, mix well, throw into a glass dish, bake in 350 oven until melted through - about 15 minutes if going straight from stove top to oven, probably 30 minutes if made ahead and fridged.

I steamed some zucchini which was delicious when eaten together, (my kids disagreed)  and I think a side of broccoli would have gone well, too.  Also, instead of ham, you could use some grilled chicken, or, go meatless since the alfredo and cheese add a ton of flavor - very flexible!

Most of my quick recipes involve pasta.  I try to mix it up with the occasional rice or potato as a base, but we all love pasta in this house, so I have decided not to care if we eat it 4 times a week, ha!

Enjoy this summer evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment