I set out with a couple of goals for this week.
- Run 5 times.
- Get through the first week of summer vacation while working, and establish some sort of plan/routine and juggle what was already on the calendar, make a meal or two.
- Blog three times this week.
At the conclusion of this post, I will have accomplished the running and the blogging.
As for the middle goal? Well, truthfully my wonderful mom and kids picked up the slack for me there. They got the house and laundry under control, and mom made sure the kids got some pool time in with friends. I realized Wednesday at 3pm that I had completely forgotten there is usually a thing at the end of the day that classier folks refer to as "dinner," and there was a ball game scheduled for 5:45, plus another game at the same time that one of my girls was going to watch. I think a hot dog was served, and somebody might have eaten some rice.
Thursday was a mix of dashing to get ready for work while giving out daily schedules and instructions, followed by more subpar dining and Driver's Ed.
Friday, the kids went to a neighbor's annual "End of School Year" Bash, where all forms of snow cones, popcorn, jumpy houses, and kiddie pools were enjoyed by about 70 children. Some people have more mental fortitude than I do. She even served real food! I am seriously thinking of paying some sort of camp fee and sending my kids over around 5pm most nights.
On the other hand, summer is supposed to be when everyone "eats lighter," right?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment