Tuesday, June 2, 2015

First full day of summer vacation

Well.  It's 2:58 p.m. and we are still surviving.  Ha-ha!

Yesterday was such a crazy and chaotic day.  I ran a plate of cookies to the elementary school for the front office staff (a little tradition as a "yay, you made it....AGAIN!!) and a small gift for Kevin's teacher.  In years past, I would have done more, but we are in the now and the now is quite hopping.

Reaghan had finished her finals on Friday, so after she slept in, we went to lunch and bathing suit shopping.  Because, even though it isn't consistently swimming weather here, I guess it is June and time for all things pool and beach - hopefully.  Weeks ago, I had made an orthodontist appointment for the girls, but then Kevin had a "party in the park" activity at the same time, so another neighborhood mom took him with her kids.  Apparently it was a beautiful day of running around while celebrating the end of the year and feasting on cookies and Popsicles :) 

THEN, Reaghan started Driver's Ed last night, and Kevin had a baseball game.  The first class went well, the game was won, and I even picked up a few groceries, but by 8 p.m. I could barely remember my own name.

Next year, on the last day of school, I'm going to just do the last day of school.

Needless to say, the house was two garbage bags and a family pet short of being eligible for a "Hoarders" episode, which always sends me into a slight panic. (okay, major panic) I told my exhausted self it would all look better in the morning.

Know what doesn't look better in the morning?  All the above plus random cups and snack bowls that occurred "after (mom goes to bed) hours." 

So.....today we all spent some time cleaning up and attempting to get a bit of a summer routine in place.  It's always a bit challenging, but the kids are getting older and capable of more responsibility, I am working, we are all busier and running in different directions, and somehow it still needs to get done. 

And now I think I shall institute one other "summer prerogative" - siesta time!

No comments:

Post a Comment