I just uploaded all my pictures since the beginning of January. I always forget how many I take! I'm trying to get better at deleting the bonus shots right from my phone. Last week, when our plane was descending, I deleted quite a few pics, but I still had quite a few in there.
First up - this cutie had a birthday a couple of weeks ago, here is a shot from his party:
Can't believe he is getting so big!!!
Here is one of our new guinea pig friend.....she is very cute too ;)
And, a few from the Disney :)
A quick recap: Two running friends of mine invited me along to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. They had both run Disney races as recently as this past January, but this girls weekend was in the works since last year. We originally planned to go from Saturday until Monday, and have 2 park days (Disney races start at 5:30 a.m. so they can be finished, or at least very well underway, by the time the parks open. So, providing one's feet and legs feel up to it, it is completely feasible to have many hours at one of the parks - I am keeping this in mind for next time I bring the fam!)
However, as it often does, life got a little hectic and some unforeseen family and work circumstances had us all coming home Sunday evening.
So, we arrived as early as we could Saturday, checked into the hotel, took a shuttle to pick up our race packets, then enjoyed the afternoon at Epcot. It is a strong tie between Epcot and Magic Kingdom for my favorite park. The best thing was being able to walk around all the countries with JUST GROWN-UPS!! My kids love Epcot too, but lolling about instead of doing rides isn't their thing ;) We ate lunch in Mexico, rode Soarin' and Nemo's Ride then popped over to the "golf ball" to ride "Spaceship Earth." A side note: we all 3 fit into one clam shell at that Nemo ride. We have 10 kids between us, so we counted this as an accomplishment, ha!
We had dinner reservations at the Cape May restaurant at the Beach Club resort. I highly recommend the dinner buffet there. We have enjoyed breakfast there on previous visits, but this was my first time eating a different meal there, and it did not disappoint! My only regret was that they only do character meals at breakfast :(
Pre-race fuel!
I'm not a big fan of carb loading on pasta the night before a race....it just leaves me feeling bloated and lethargic. I did indulge in dessert carbs a bit, though ;) THEY WERE AMAZING!!! Not usually a flan person, but that little cup in the upper left hand corner was to die for.
Now that I posted all the yummy food, back to the beginning........
Here was my view from the plane on the way to Orlando...another plane! I know it's tiny, but I think this was the first time I've ever seen another plane from my plane window.
We stayed at Saratoga Springs near Downtown Disney where this guy welcomed everybody to the pool!
ESPN Wide World of Sports at Disney
A picture of the ball field there - so cool!
The Sunset as viewed from Mexico in Epcot
No matter how many times I get to take a picture and ride this, it never gets old!!!
Race Day! Every time a corral started across the line, fireworks exploded. I might be forever ruined for any kind of "normal" race again!
Here is a shot of my "101 Dalmatians" costume (I have no good pictures of me in it, I know, I know! But we had to get up and 3 a.m. and board a bus by 4 a.m. - cut me some slack!!
(Resuming food pictures. Confirming to myself that deep down, I am just a big 'ol foodie at heart!!)
After we crossed the finish line and received our medal, we shuttled back to our hotel and had breakfast. I don't think a vanilla iced coffee or a breakfast wrap has ever tasted that awesome in the history of mankind. Especially that coffee (upper right hand corner)..........yummy!
We were done and back up to shower before 9 a.m. After that we walked over to downtown Disney and shopped a bit, then had lunch.
A mimosa to celebrate!
A most delicious salad. Again, I don't like to load up on heavy food after a race. Just doesn't feel right and I'm usually not that hungry after a long run.
Now, the day AFTER a long run in a different story.........
And yes, I would totally do it again!















I am coveting your life right now. Exercise...good food...DISNEY...WITH ADULTS!!!!!!! I seriously want to be you.
ReplyDelete