Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Hump Day!!!

Here we are again.....where do the days go?!!?

The past few days have been busy and hectic with some fun thrown in.  Halloween weather here was AWFUL, but somehow we still obtained 2 pillowcases full of candy.  Plus some leftovers since our last trick-or-treater was around 6:15 p.m. 

(I did my normal "let's have one piece, ok maybe two, oh, let's just eat 14 pieces to sample them all and eat like a 16 year-old boy who moonlights as a trucker" candy eating routine on Sunday.   Hopefully, I got that out of my system and can start baking brownies and cookies with candy in them and then give away to GET IT OUT OF THE HOUSE in time for all the Thanksgiving and Christmas baking and eating that starts in about 2 weeks ;))

On Saturday, I met up with one of my sister-in-law's for our annual shopping weekend.  We ate and laughed and shopped and fell asleep by 10:30 p.m. (pre-time change.)  Such a great time!  I even got a little Christmas shopping done :)

Monday and Tuesday were full of errands and cleaning and laundry and volunteering at school and baking for the upcoming teacher conference dinners and voting. 

Can I get an "AMEN" that political commercials are over!??!? 

I made two different pans of brownies after I saw a recipe I wanted to try.  I've got to be honest, as much as I love looking at Pinterest, it's about a 50% rate of good recipes, at least the ones I've tried. (if that)   I was thinking that maybe after the holidays I would try a month of all new Pinterest foods, recipes, ideas to see if I could better the odds.  Otherwise, I need to clean off some of those boards!! 

I also made a gooey butter cake (cut into bars) using the Caramel Apple Cake Mix from Pillsbury - they are really yummy!  Here is the recipe if you want to try.  Any flavor of cake mix can be used.  I've made vanilla and chocolate before, so it was fun to mix it up (pun intended!) a bit.  Disclosure:  I rushed through reading the recipe and added THREE eggs to the base instead of one!  It still turned out fine, maybe just a little more cakey.  But I love cake, so it really wasn't a problem, ha!

Now it's off to work (and treat drop off!) for the remainder of the week - have a great week, friends!!


No comments:

Post a Comment