And I'm going out to dinner twice!!!
Last night, Jerry and I went out to eat with 4 other couples to celebrate one of the guy's birthdays. We went to a place where you pick out your rice, pasta, or other noodles and then you add your veggies and meat and they fry it up for you. Truthfully, I never get the combo of spices, sauces and various selections right, so my meal always ends up kind of....meh. Not bad, but not exciting.
But the company was great, with lots of fun and laughter and memories (some of us have been neighbors for 11 years!) and it was great to get out of the rut for a bit.
I made a surprise cake.........
It was delish :)
I used Rumchata in place of water in the cake mix. Then, I made a Rumchata and powdered sugar glaze, and while the cake was still warm, I poked holes and poured the glaze over the layers.
The next morning, I made a buttercream/cream cheese icing with.....Rumchata!!!
So decadent. So yummy. So calorie laden.
So, I'm planning to finish off this "anything goes" weekend with Italian food tonight (girls night!!) and then back to normal tomorrow.
After church and big breakfast and one last Barbecue of the season.............


No comments:
Post a Comment