Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tales from the Weekend

I turned around and it is Tuesday afternoon already!!

Our weekend was a busy one.  On Friday after work, I decorated a graduation cake and cookie for a neighbor's daughter.  And I conversed with myself that this is absolutely the LAST ONE!  (Until the next one ;)



Then, Reaghan had her last softball tournament game on Saturday.  In the morning, the rain poured, but the afternoon was beautiful and they were able to play. 

Short of an ill-timed ear infection for one of the kids, the day went smoothly!  On Sunday morning, we were able to get to walk-in and have some meds (so grateful for that!) prescribed.  In the afternoon, we were getting ready to go to the team softball party..........
And then, a dessert fatality.  I happened to be carrying that bucket of cake pops and walked into the same room as my daughter.  She happened to be lifting her pool bag onto her shoulder and we had a MAJOR collision of bucket,pops, and bag.  It was not salvageable :(  Aside from the fact that they all landed on the laundry room floor, (gross!) almost all of them smashed and fell off their sticks.

We at least had the big cookie, and another mom and her girls had made small softball sugar cookies (mine was a giant chocolate chip one) so all is well that ends well.  (though for a few minutes I thought I might cry)  The kids all swam in the pool, ran around and laughed and ate, and even had a major rain shower for about 5 minutes while they were swimming.  No rain or thunder, so we let them stay in the pool and they screeched that they were getting wet.  Ahhhh, to be 14 again........

Yesterday, we bit the bullet and bought some school supplies (what??!?!?!? already?!?!?!?)  The good news is that we had the aisles to ourselves and first pick of everything and now we can put that out of our minds and enjoy the rest of summer!

And I think I may even attempt more cake pops this week - that are contained in a plastic bin WITH A LID!


No comments:

Post a Comment