Friday, June 13, 2014

Thankful Thursday....on a Friday


I started this post yesterday morning, but when a girl is down and out, sometimes it doesn't get finished until Friday!

I'm still fighting this icky sick thing, but I have heard from others that a lot of junk is going around, so I am taking a small amount of comfort in the fact that I am most likely not alone!

In the meantime, I'm off work for the second day in a row due to the generosity of a co-worker, so I am SUPER thankful for her!  I am currently trying to rest up/beat this thing and being at home is such a gift.

Along those lines, here are a few other things my heart is grateful for today.........

 - Warm, sunny days - I was stretched out on a sunspot earlier trying to soak up as many healing  
     Vitamin D rays as I could!  I will try to sit outside later and soak up a few more :)

 - These great people :)
- Not sure how people go about the business of raising the next generation without the help of the generation above.  I realize not everyone has this privilege, so I am SUPER grateful!

- Quiet summer mornings with kids sleeping in later.  Since I've been sick this week, mornings have definitely been slower than normal.  But you know what?  Though it's a bummer to not feel good, it is nice to slow down once in awhile and not feel guilty.  Yes, I probably need to take some lessons and apply them to normal, healthy life. 

- Everything green and blooming and color all over!  After the dreariness of winter, it is so, so good to see the beauty right outside my window!

- The fun of looking forward to and then participating in events/plans that only happen in the summer.  Big and little things such as the kids playing outside until dark, late breakfast in front of the TV, random bike rides in the middle of the day, vacations to look ahead to, fun at ballgames and impromptu gatherings with friends and neighbors......it is such a short season in comparison to the rest of the year, so it's fun to pack in as much as you can!

- And last but certainly not least......HEALTH!  It only takes the smallest part of not feeling well to remember how easy it is to take for granted how wonderful it is to feel energetic and just plain good, for lack of a more dazzling word.  I am always reminded to put more emphasis on rest, nutrition, and letting go of stress and toxins whenever I am physically ill.  Now, I just need to remember to apply that!

I wish you healthy, memorable times with your people this weekend, with a side of rest and relaxation!

No comments:

Post a Comment