Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Summer Blech!

It's summer and the livin' is easy.....except when you're a mom who has a second cold in as many months.  Is there anything worse than a summer cold that simultaneously makes you want to wear sweats and eat chicken noodle soup, but then you realize it's too hot for all that, so you lie down under a ceiling fan in hopes that sleep will overtake your near non-functioning nasal passages?!?!

Yes, I'm being overly dramatic.  But I DO hate being under the weather and I really detest it when I could be outside doing something in the beautiful temps.  I guess sometimes our bodies slow us down so we can take a break, even if we don't want to.

Other than that, the past weekend was great.  Reaghan had a softball game Friday night, followed up by a double-header on Saturday morning.  Kevin and Peyton and I stayed in (see opening paragraph) as we had plans later in the day and I just wasn't up for a full day of non-stop.

On Saturday afternoon, we attended an 8th grade graduation party for one of Reaghan's friends, followed by sleepovers for all three kids at various locals.  I hosted just one with one friend, so that felt manageable :)

On Sunday morning, I was scheduled to run 12 miles with a friend, but I dragged myself into the walk-in clinic to be sure I didn't have strep.  I tested negative, so came home and ran 6 miles, mostly out of frustration at being sick and missing my original, early long run.  Yes, I realize the backwardness of this kind of thinking, but when they say running is all mental, they aren't kidding.

We went to church, then came home where I rested up a bit before going to dinner with friends.  I wasn't sure I felt up to it, but sometimes dressing up and then laughing and eating good food can be the best sort of medicine....and it was.  We were able to sit outside and the weather and company were perfect.

A follow-up:  I wrote this on Monday morning, and am still not better yet:(  Here's to hoping things get better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment