Monday, September 9, 2013

Random thoughts from a (possible) insomniac

 I wrote this last week.  Which was just about the same time our internet decided to have a spotty connection (at best) for the entire week.  We had the service guy out today and he did something that corrected the problem for now, but until the mechanical team can do their part our internet may still be "spotty."  Sometimes I want to ask, "Do you never, ever have job loss worries since you most likely will have a job to pass on to your grandchildren since your company is the ONLY service around here?  Just curious."

It's 2:10 a.m.  I can't sleep.  Technically, I haven't been able to sleep since around 1:00, but I finally threw in the towel around 1:30.  I think the reason for this is that I logged a solid 8 hours on Sunday night.  You know all those articles you read about how important sleep is and how ALL adults should get at least 7-8 hours EVERY night?!?!?

I'd love to line those people up and force them to drink coffee with me right now.  Because sometimes, your body just doesn't want to do what those magazines suggest you should do.

So, what with all this quiet time to think, here is what is running through my mind currently.......

- I wish my gym was one of those 24 hour places.  I would be curious to see who else works out at this hour.

- What?!?!?  We pay how much for an exterminator and I AM STILL hearing rumblings of mice?!?!?!?  No, wait.  That is the coffee pot I just switched on.  Don't kill it, you will need that later.  Probably several times today.

- Perfect ponytail achieved by just grabbing a random holder and taking two seconds to sloppily secure it.  And no one is around to see! :(

- The "A-Team" followed  by the "Cosby Show."  Reason #117 why the 80's was the best decade ever.  They just don't make TV like this anymore.

- Pray for Chase.

- I really enjoy Spider Solitaire.

- Thank you notes.  I should really start on those.  I don't want to.  I think I would rather bake a pan of brownies for each person.

- I believe that if people were expected to bake brownies instead of writing notes, the societal expectation of a "thank-you" would decrease dramatically.

- So.....why can't that work in the reverse?

- I'm very, very thankful.  I'm just bad at writing about it.

- The reason for those thank-you's?  I turned 40 last month.  And I have very sweet and generous friends and family.

- Summer.  Can't believe it's over.  Especially since it was in the 90's last week and will be in the 80's this week.

- But, I can put out all my fall decorations now!

- Friends.  90's TV isn't all bad either.

- Dinners.  Now would be a good time to plan those.

 - I refuse to post about my wide-awakeness on Facebook.  You know we've all seen them (Ugh!  Can't sleep again!)  I will, however, have no shame in announcing this to the blogosphere ;)

- I can understand how poor infomercial choices are made at this hour.

- There is a book I could be reading right now.  If I could just stop being distracted by TV, Spider Solitaire, blogs, Pinterest

- No matter how clever I think this post is, I shall wait until at least 8:00 to post this just in case I'm only half-awake and am unaware ;)

1 comment:

  1. We should Skype or chat online. I'm a freakin' insomniac, too. Missed finding the A-team, though. I'm sure I'll have other nights to look!

    *hug*

    ReplyDelete