Friday, August 16, 2013

From the baking files

I had big plans for today.  The alarm sounded oh-so-very early and then the snooze button took over.    Once I finally made the difficult choice of leaving the covers the coffee maker tempted me to just sit for a bit to which turned into a few minutes and then somehow a second cup of coffee made its way into my hands.  I watched the news where I was informed that a new study MAY have shown that those who indulge in 4 or more cups a day MAY have a shorter life expectancy, however, those who consume those levels are more likely to smoke and not exercise.

So, I happily drank my second cup and didn't exercise and figured I'm living 50% longer than whoever it is they may or may not have correctly pegged.

Moving on.......

I've had a few baking projects this summer.  I love to include summer fruit......

 Or make "fruit" out of frosting!


The reason my hand (hello, old lady hands, from whence did you hail?!?!? Yes, I shall moisturize more frequently from now on)  made an appearance over the cookie is so the last name of the family isn't broadcasted over the internet.  Yes folks, with Mindy Blogging, Inc.  you get privacy, anonymity and fresh baked goods.

As a matter of fact, I just pulled one of those giant cookies out of the oven for a coworkers birthday.  Here's hoping most of it is gone by lunchtime because otherwise I will want  a third cup of coffee and let's not toe the line, right?

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. LOL at your hand comment. I had a similar thought about my hands last week!!! Great cakes....as always!

    ReplyDelete