Friday, April 20, 2012

Hooray for Friday!

I have to keep this short because I am in the midst of cake decorating (pics soon) and cake pops.

Why more cake pops, you ask?

Well, some are for the school Dad/Daughter event this weekend, some are for a friends' birthday gift, and some are for a neighborhood family.

Earlier in the week, it was decided that a gift card and cake pops were the way to go for a 12 year-old's present. And since there was so much on my plate (really, I try to stop the puns but I just can't ;) I decided to make one big batch of everything and also do some for the school weekend plans. Then, one of my kids reminded me that we should put a little something together for one of their friends in the neighborhood as their family has a lot going on and she wanted to let them know she was thinking of them.

Kindness and empathy, can we possibly schedule you on a different day, when the kitchen isn't ready to explode with powdered sugar and eggs?

I kid.

So, one of my good friends offered help and I took her up on it before she could back out. I warned that payment would be in the form of all the buttercream she could stomach and a side of witty banter. Bless her heart, she accepted.

Work and all, Friday is my favorite day. I'm glad for the kids keeping me company, friendship, dinner prepared by my Mom for us last night (thanks, Mom - you saved us from cereal once again!) and of course, the frosting and leftover cake.

Here's to a great weekend start!

No comments:

Post a Comment