We have just under 24 hours until we bid 2011 good-bye and say hello to a brand-new year.
Anybody making resolutions yet??
I just looked back at my January 4th post of this year and discovered I didn't keep either one of my two measly resolutions AT ALL.
So I think I am taking a year off. But, just for fun, if I were into making resolutions for 2012 I think my list would read a bit like this......
I resolve to accept white refined sugar as a part of my diet. I am a baker and I blog about it, for pete's sake, so it's just unrealistic to think I am going on any major sugar fasts for months at a time no matter how many health articles I read reagarding how much better people feel after they have given up the white stuff. Sugar and the joy it brings is part of my DNA. Baby, I was born this way.
I resolve to get my achilles tendon back in business. It's better than it was 2 months ago, but boy, oh boy, it seems to be taking half of forever to get it back to pre-injury status.
I resolve to take in a little more calcium. If it comes in the form of venti skim mochas from Starbucks, so be it.
I resolve to sleep better though I'm convinced some nights the fates are against me. Actually, I don't really believe in the fates, but if they continue to manifest themselves in the form of snoring bedmates, children who cough in the night, improper sleeping temperatures and a generally overactive brain I might start to.
I resolve to take daily vitamins, floss regularly enough to be truthful at the dentist when I make claims that I do and remember the daily probiotic. It really helps balance out the sugar intake.
I resolve to make it to church on time without feeling like I've attempted a 2012 version of "Beat the Clock." And lost again.
I resolve to not feel like I'm going to pass out cold by 8:00 p.m. most nights. Short of hiring a housekeeper, cook, chaueffer, laundry maid and all around wife-type person I'm not sure how this will get done.
I resolve to post an ad for a housekeeper, cook, chaueffer, laundry maid and all around wife-type person.
I resolve to not cry when I get no responses since the pay would clock in around .000023 cents per hour, thereby insuring no one in their right mind would take this position.
I resolve to remind myself that even though I hold a job that no one would answer a newspaper ad for I am compensated daily in smiles, hugs and "I love you's" and it's worth every non-penny I make.
I resolve to let the house go a little more. Because heaven knows you can clean the kitchen 6 times in one day and still get to 10:00 p.m. at night with it looking like a houseful of frat boys has taken up residence.
I resolve to keep up with the alternate workouts to running. Because even though I haven't found anything that packs the same amount of bang for the buck, it is good to use/train other muscles to make the whole body strong and prevent further injury.
I resolve to let go of the mother guilt. I clean the kitchen 6 times a day and let them have sugar and take them to church and work for free.
I resolve to watch more TV. Because the invention of the DVR makes it almost wrong not to.
I resolve to quit blanking out everytime I sit down at the computer to send a quick email which turns into checking Facebook which turns into reading a blog which turns into researching a vacation that is 18 months away which turns into looking for a recipe that I just know I saw on a blog somewhere which turns into checking the 10 day weather forecast which turns into checking into whether or not Princess (Duchess?) Kate is indeed expecting a baby in 2012 sometime.
I resolve to give myself some grace when I have gone back downstairs and realized I never sent the email and will need to climb the stairs to go back and start the same exact process over again.
I resolve to let go of my "yes, there really is a way to load the dishwasher and it's not that it's MY way, it's that it is the RIGHT way and just because I choose the right way does not mean it is my way, it just might seem that way" mentality. Perhaps I will only have to clean the kitchen 5 times a day if I do this.
I resolve to finally make my peace with laundry. It's either going to be dirty in the hamper, wet/clean/dry in the washer or dryer, crumpled/folded in the basket, put away in drawers or closets. Same amount of clothes, simply in different stages. It will NEVER be done. It will just be in different locations.
I resolve to finish a blog post in a reasonable amount of time, say 30 minutes, instead of revisiting/revising for up to 3 days.
I resolve to quit pretending my cell phone camera is high end. Bless those who have that photographic eye and perfect camera with a lens and seemingly 16 hands that allows them to capture batter than is poured perfectly and in just the right light. It doesn't live here.
So, if you were pretending to make resolutions for 2012, what would they be??
Awesome plans!! You can do it!!
ReplyDeleteLove this! The "worth every non-penny I make" one made me tear up. I need to do a post like this. #1: Run a 5K... :)
ReplyDeletelove this!! :)
ReplyDeleteHahaha! I made peace with the laundry a couple of years ago!:)
ReplyDelete