I'm chalking it up to a week full of baking, getting teacher gifts prepared and making my lists and checking them twice.
So, on this Friday with plenty still left to do, I'm sitting here in the blogosphere still in my pajamas. If the kids get pajama days at school, I'm taking one too!
I started out with a plan to make mint fudge the other day. I went to the pantry and (horror of horrors!) discovered I had no evaporated milk. I did find a can of sweetened condensed milk, though. And then I remembered Magic Cookie Bars. I decided to put a Christmas-y spin on the idea and use the mint chocolate chips.
(Please forgive the blurry pictures. Who knew that brownie residue on the lens can create less than stellar shots?!?!)

Mindy's Magic Minty Bars
2 1/2 cups crumbled chocolate graham cookies (about 1/3 of bag)
1 stick butter, melted
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 bags Nestle Limited Edition Mint Chips
Melt butter in large bowl. I usually let the bowl sit in the oven as it preheats. Once butter is melted, add crumbs and mix well. Press mixture into foil-lined and Pam sprayed 9x13 pan. Pour can of milk over, sprinkle bag of chips on top.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. At this point you will pull the pan out of oven and say, "These don't look good at all, Mindy."

Have no fear, adventurous baker types. And even you non-adventurous baker types can jump on board. This is where your second bag of chips will come to the rescue. Sprinkle about 1/2 the bag over........

Then put the pan back in the oven for no longer than 2 minutes...just enough time for that second layer to adhere.
Remove from oven, let cool completely and then cut into squares or triangles.

You can then bag or plate as desired - I like these little bags with some of the mint green color on them. A perfect match!
No comments:
Post a Comment