My mom's co-worker had given me several red plastic serving plates, knowing I would put them to use.

Kohl's has these peppermint candy cane ornaments that add a perfect touch.
Here is the recipe for the chocolate cookie - you can get creative and use other candies for a different flavor combo.
3/4 cup butter
2 TBSP water
1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 cups (1 12oz bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Hershey Peppermint Kisses
In saucepan over low heat, cook butter, sugar and water until butter is melted. Add choc chips and stir until almost melted, remove from heat and keep stirring until they are completely melted. Pour into large mixing bowl (I use my Kitchen Aid) and let stand about 10 minutes to cool. Beat eggs one at a time (or go crazy and add all at once like I do - I can honestly never tell the difference in the end result!) Add dry ingredients and mix well. Chill dough for at least an hour before baking. Form dough into 1 inch balls, bake 10-12 minutes at 350. Add kiss and let cool completely before storing.
My recipe card states that you can get 72 cookies out of this, but they would be VERY small - I think I tend to bake between 4-5 dozen. But then, maybe I would have more cookies if we didn't sample so much of the cookie dough. Hmmmm, Christmas thoughts to ponder;)
Just so you know...I didn't even get a crumb of the cookies that you delivered to the office. I'm not even sure what they looked like...!! Everyone heard that "Mindy brought cookies!" and that was the end of it all. A good end, to be sure. :) Love, mom
ReplyDeleteYummy!!!
ReplyDelete