Friday, May 13, 2011

Quite possibly the shortest blog sabbatical....

I really did think I would be gone for at least a month or so.

But I missed this. So, here I am again.

Did anyone bake me a "Welcome Back" cake?!?!?

Oh wait, that's my job :)

And I have been baking up a storm!! May is like December when it comes to baking for events, outings, etc. I have a million pictures that Blogger is probably still holding hostage, so once I have some time (hahahahahahah!) I'll work on those.

Here's what's new here:

- My aunt is still in the hospital after a very brief stint at home. Not a whole lot of news to report, but please keep her in your prayers.

- Both girls are in softball - I'm constantly running someone somewhere and am thankful at the end of the day if all heads are accounted for. http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

- My thoughts on "The Shred" - I started March (I think it was March...days start to blur together at this time of year!) with a goal of shredding daily. And I did - for 7 days until I figured out my knees weren't going to make it. And since I'm a runner I sort of need those things. So.....I can't say I recommend doing the 30 days without a break.

Some random Friday thoughts.....

- I just pulled a pan of Thin Mint Brownies from the oven. My house smells delightful.

- A banana, 1 cup frozen raspberries and 1 cup coconut milk in a blender make an excellent breakfast smoothie.

- I'm planning to attempt Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles later today....I'm SO excited to see if my idea turns out...a little cliffhanger for you ;)

- I made yellow cake pops dipped in pink chocolate melts earlier this week.....if you keep them in the freezer they taste just like frozen twinkies. JUST LIKE FROZEN TWINKIES. With a pretty pink candy coating.

- Tomorrow is a vow renewal ceremony/party for some friends of ours. We made strawberry lemonade cupcakes and mint chocolate cupcakes...both of them are filled and frosted and waiting to be topped with a strawberry or an Andes mint.

- I've come to the recent realization that there really is no day that can't be improved with a little bit of baking.

- I've also realized it's a good thing this weather is finally turning....I see lots of walking and running in my future!

Have a great weekend....maybe some pics on Monday?????

2 comments: