Isn't it cute??
So, I start with basic romaine (much greener/healthier than iceberg) and add some spinach, then tomato. From there, the variations go as follows.....
Cobb Salad - add carrots, lunch meat, shredded cheese, and crumbled hard-boiled egg. My hubby prefers French dressing with this, I use Italian.
Greek Salad ala Mindy...my personal favorite! I add feta, red onion, olives and grilled chicken....if we don't have chicken on hand, I go vegetarian and do just fine. Both Ken's and Kraft make a tasty Greek Vinagrette dressing.
I call this a BLT salad with Crispy Chicken...tomatoes, cheese, crispy chicken and bacon bits...Ranch is a good dressing with this one.
I don't have a photo, but Taco Salad is another one I try to make on occasion. I brown beef with taco seasoning and add some pinto or kidney beans. I whip up a dressing that consists of a small amount of sour cream, Taco Bell Sauce (you can find it in the taco aisle at the grocery store) and some Ranch dressing. We also like to add some crushed Doritos - the Baked ones taste great and add some crunch.
This wasn't a lunch salad and wasn't prepared by me, but by my wonderful brother (runs in the family!) for our Mother's Day BBQ - it was almost too pretty to dig into...but we did ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment