We just returned home from a great week of being at the beach and hanging out with family. (and eating lots of dessert, LOTS!) I'm one of those semi-paranoid bloggers/Facebookers that wait until after the trip/vacation to let people know my goings-about:)
There are bags to be unpacked, clothes to be dried, (but not as much as there could have been, thanks to Mom and her laundry vigilance during our time together!) and souvenir items that need help in finding a home.
And a million pictures to upload.
But, just for a moment, while the memories are still so very fresh in my mind, I'll write about a few photos that are in my mind.....
A very LOOOOOONG walk getting back to our rental that first night....hilarious and I'll probably do an entire blog about it some time.
The first time my foot felt the sand this year.
Walking about town and truly enjoying being "one of those tourists."
Reading books on the beach right next to Mom:)
Chocomania ice cream in a waffle cone.
French Silk ice cream in a waffle cone.
Milky Way ice cream...in a cup, should have done the waffle cone.
Walking and running along the dock and wondering how many people live on their boats full-time.
Walking and running along the dock and wondering how many people could possibly afford to have a house AND a boat (seriously, some of them looked like "The Love Boat!)
Taking an early birthday morning walk with my Dad and having coffee in the cutest little outdoor garden while we talked and laughed and reminisced together.
Walking and window shopping with my oldest daughter - she is at that age where she actually said, "That looks like a store you would like Mommy, want to go in and look?"
Sitting back and watching my younger two children laugh and play together.
Watching all three of my precious babies splash and giggle in the waves together (always be good to each other, even as you get older and go different directions:)
Going for a run with my brother on our first vacation morning.
Watch my sister-in-law interact with my kids and take just as much enjoyment in a light up sparkly necklace (bunny ears, in her case!:) as her nieces and nephew - and who knew those would come in so handy later in the evening when we were on our lost-in-the-dark-in-a-new-town walk!!??
Dreaming about getting to go back again.
Seeing my wonderful family all together and savoring every minute! I promise to post pictures soon!
Sounds awesome! I made your ice cream lasagna cake today. Delicious!! And I'm with you . . . no fb or blog notices about vacation until I get home!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had such a great vacation! I noticed you were "quiet" on your blog and FB so wondered if you were out of town. Can't wait to see some pictures and hear abour your getting lost adventure!
ReplyDeleteAnd don't you have another vacation in a week?
ReplyDelete