Tuesday, August 24, 2010

'Twas the night before school.......

The lunches were packed in the fridge with care;
The girls each had sponge rollers tucked in their hair.

The baths were all taken and dinner was done;
Weather report was checked, "It looks like sun!"

Backpacks laid out, clothes chosen too
One boy in red and 2 girls in shades of blue....

Fingernails painted, lunch treats all baked,
Packed up with care and ready to take

It's been a great summer and I'll miss these sweet three;
But think of going to the grocery store with me, only me!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Enjoy your "freedom"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! Although it is nearly over, I, too, shall miss the summer of 2010 that was filled with such fun memories. Your humorous touch helps make it even more so. They are growing way, way too quickly. How I love them and the two people who gave them to us! :) :") (that's your dad w/ mustache)Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so cute!! glad the first day of school went well!

    ReplyDelete