Friends, I have discovered the 10 secrets to successful blogging......and I will share them with you because my parents taught me right. I have no pictures to illustrate, but I think you can add your own mental images quite nicely - here goes:
1) Ignore the ever multiplying piles of laundry.
2) Turn on the TV and give your children chocolate milks to go with it.
3) Start a large pot of coffee for yourself.
4) Don't think about the leftover cheesecake bar ends that are in your freezer that would go so nicely with a 3rd cup of coffee.
5) Push thoughts out of your head that involve stocking the fridge with something else other than mustard, leftover watermelon and the last third of a bag of shredded cheese.
6) REALLY don't think about the dentist appts that you and your kids have in less than 4 hours.......
7) Your bed....it's not getting made today.
8) Showering?? Maybe, just maybe....but much, much later.
9) The inside of the mini-van that is festering with who-only-knows-what? from a day at the amusement/waterpark yesterday?? That's right, go to that happy place in your mind.
10) Sit down at the computer and knock out 5 or 6 different blog posts about everything from desserts to dads and tell yourself that tomorrow will be your productive day.
So true! I may have to hang the list in my "office"!
ReplyDelete