Monday, June 14, 2010

It was a weekend for home repairs.....

1) We were able to get our garage "door of death" fixed on Friday.........we were so blissfully ignorant of the danger for so long! In a nutshell, our door had always been hard to operate and we figured it was "just the way it was." It finally got so irritating that we called someone to look at it and then found out it had been improperly installed years ago. The garage door now works like a dream and once or twice I have opened/shut it just to hear it purr. But most of all, it's SAFE!
2) The master bedroom toilet was in cahoots with the garage door as it decided to stop working last Tuesday. Thanks to my hubby and his brother it is now functional again! I didn't have time to take a picture due to the fact that I was preparing food for everyone. And I also feel it is just WRONG to be around food and then take a picture of a bathroom. Just wrong.
3) We got Direct TV installed this weekend! Complete with a DVR. And Music Channels. And way more channels than we will ever watch. I have even figured out how to work the DVR and the music channels. And that is what we call a weekend miracle.
And now it is a rainy Monday, we have no place we have to be, and I'm drinking coffee while listening to smooth jazz on my new music channels. (Don't mock until you've tried it!) Life is good:) (Now if I can just get someone over here to fix my computer woes.....)

1 comment:

  1. uh-oh, your life will never be the same with DVR!! you are gonna love it!:) what's wrong with your computer?

    ReplyDelete