What is it about a mom sitting quietly that just invites the crazy?!?! The kids have friends over, hand gel has been dispensed, school day has been talked over and analyzed, they've been fed a favorite snack, there is not immediate homework and dinner is over an hour away. But alas, as I sit here decompressing a bit I have been asked the following, "Do you know where my scissors are?" (No, I would never think to use kid grade ones when I have 2 perfectly good pair in the kitchen, but thanks for asking) and "Mom, E is kind of shy so do you think when you pick her up tomorrow she could sit by me....ya know, in the car?? "Mom, I was just wondering if you knew when the next time was that it would be my turn to go to Grandma's by myself??"
I'm thinking of calling up Grandma to see when I get to over there all by myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment