Hello! I think I can commit to this once-a-month blogging thing without too much angst. I always mean to post more (I have lots of thoughts, double chocolate or not, swirling in my head. By the time I get to the computer, some of them have taken the highway out of town with no chance of returning.)
I would love to have some exciting pictures or epic stories of cupcakes and cookies, but truthfully it has been rather blah in this department lately. I did make some basketball cake pops for a friend's work event (I will stick with cookies next time, it is NO JOKE trying to pipe those seams on a 3D surface. As much as I didn't want to, I stressed the whole time for fear they would look sloppy and I was running a pretty tight schedule, so no re-do's were possible. But she was happy, and hey, they were chocolate on the inside, so win-win!
In other news, we are wrapping up basketball and Cub Scouts for Kevin, getting ready for track for Peyton, and moving toward SAT testing for Reaghan. Though she is the one putting in all the work for that.
I've been working both inside and out of the house - my normal dentist office job, plus some lunchroom subbing at the kids' schools, and trying to get spring cleaning started on the house. We had the most beautiful burst of weather about 10 days ago and it motivated me to open the windows and start decluttering and really getting things in order. So far, I've vacuumed the stairs and kept up with laundry. We've all got to start somewhere.😏 I really can't believe the kids will be starting the 4th quarter of school in just a few weeks.
Other than that, I'm looking forward to getting outside consistently to run, and trying to get on track for some spring baking and decorating. With multiple family members (myself included) being sick in February, I didn't bake one.single.Valentine.thing. I didn't get too upset about it, but I definitely reminisce about the days of doing more. Oh well, there's usually another season right around the corner to strive for.
Have a great month in case it's April before I get back here again!!
No comments:
Post a Comment