Sunday, February 5, 2017

Super Bowl Sunday

So.....who else ISN'T watching the game and blogging instead??

We had fun plans and then I came down with a really bad cold this week that turned into a sinus infection.

So....I'm staying inside and resting up and doing all the boring stuff and enjoying the fact that I get to recuperate instead of trying to push myself too hard.  I didn't have much emotional interest in the actual game to begin with, but I usually tune in a bit to watch commercials and the half-time show.  As is my custom, I tend to feel a bit "meh" about things when I have a sinus infection, (other than being stuffy and miserable, it's one of the signs that gets me into the Dr's office) so combined with staying in and not feeling festive, I opted to flip around various TV shows instead.  I can always catch up later on You Tube and about 500 news channels, right??

In other news, how was Christmas??  And New Year's??  And Groundhog Day??

Yes, I'm apparently quite far behind.  January flew by, and it would seem February is well on its way.  Since I'm not a fan of winter, I'm sort of okay with us zooming toward spring. 

To recap, we had a wonderful Christmas with family, a low-key and fun-filled New Year's with friends, and Groundhog Day?  Well, does it really matter if that mammal sees his shadow or not?  Is it 6 more weeks if he SEES the shadow, then supposedly less if he DOES NOT?  Being from the Midwest, if there are truly only 6 more weeks of winter from February 2nd,  (shadow or not) COUNT ME IN.  Usually it's more like 11 weeks.

In other news, I didn't even bake this weekend (gasp) what with being ill and all.  Hopefully, I can be on the mend in enough time to get some cute Valentine's Day treats going - I always love to see red and pink sprinkles :)

What's new with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment