Thursday, October 6, 2016

Hello and Hey there!

The problem with not blogging regularly is that so much happens in between posts, and it's nearly impossible to coherently string events together. 

So, a few bullet points:

- I had the stomach flu.  Blech.  Seemingly, out of nowhere.  I felt steps away from death's door (me, overdramatic?!?!?) for about 36 hours, then, poof!  I had momming responsibilities.  Be gone, deathful sickness. 

- My oldest daughter went to homecoming.  Thankfully, this was after evil death sickness since she and a few friends met up at our house.  She found the prettiest dress and it was a beautiful day and she was home safely by 10:30.   Win-win.

- I went to California for 2 1/2 days.  Pure joy.  I think I am a California girl at heart.  I have visited a handful of times and enjoyed it immensely every time. FUN FACT: When I was two my family lived there for a time while my dad was in the military.  I'm pretty sure they should have left me there (I kid, I kid!!  Sort of.....)   A friend of mine was traveling for business and kindly invited me to tag along.  I got to see San Franciso, Sausalito, and San Jose.  It was truly a delightful little get away and the house (and my family!) were still standing when I returned.  Hmmmm.......

- Peyton had her last cross country meet.  It poured rain, but those kids ran their best.  I was so proud of them all. 

- I decided to put off a full marathon this year.  My running buddy and I had been debating one later this month, but we are not nearly to the level of training we should be, and we don't want to risk injury or a half-hearted attempt.  Unless a last minute 1/2 catches my interest, I think that will be it for 2016.  In the off season, I like to try and ramp up my speed with shorter runs/sprints on the treadmill and focus on other cross - training activities at the gym.  I've missed my spin class people, so it will be good to get back to that.  And weight training.  I don't love weights, but if you are in spitting distance of your 40's (or well into them, a-hemmm!) you can't pass a magazine stand or a fitness article link on facebook without someone talking about muscle loss as we age.  Bummer. Also, they seem to discourage cupcakes and cookie dough :( :( :(

- So, that brings me up to speed.  I've got the house decorated for fall even though this week has been in the 80's.  The colors are beautiful though, and I'm excited for fallish type weather starting this weekend.

What's new with you?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment