Thursday, September 8, 2016

Thankful Thursday (aka - "You got this, girl!!)

Ahhhh, Thankful Thursday.

But you know what else is great?  "Tell it like it is" Thursday.

Thus far, I've cooked three meals with LOTS of help from Pillsbury, Oscar Meyer, and General Mills.

I've worked, gone to a cross country meet,  (AT THE WRONG SCHOOL) and subsequently given up, with flannel pajama pants as my witness.

I've spent too much time on Facebook and Pinterest, vegged in front of "TV Guide's Best Oprah Moments," and attempted to beat yet another level of Two Dots.

I've eaten pizza, but the redeeming factor is that I at least got some fruit in for the day.  Cut up fruit in a bowl.  Ok, sort of mashed up fruit, and I put in a cup to make it fancy.  OKAY FINE, IT IS RED WINE.

FUN MATH PROBLEM FOR THOSE PLAYING ALONG AT HOME - WHAT IS THE PRECISE TEMPERATURE A PIZZA MUST BE FOR SIMULTANEOUSLY BURNING YOUR LIP, BUT NOT COMPLETELY MELTING THE EXTRA CHEESE ONE ARTFULLY PLACED ON TOP??

I could give in to the inner conversation of the critic that resides in my mind and call it a night.

OR..............

I can admit to the above and laugh a bit and congratulate myself on all that went fairly well today instead.

I'm going to call this the "Atta, girl - you totally nailed this!" segment  Feel free to jump in with your accomplishments in the comments section.  Let's be thankful (segue moment!) for all we did right today - I bet there is more good than bad.

DISCLAIMER: I am in NO way trying to be showy, boastful, or otherwise condescending.  I simply feel that we as humans tend to beat ourselves up for the undone, the imperfect, the "almost, but not quite" and then judge our entire day week month year life on relatively small mistakes.  So, let's celebrate instead!!

Okey-doke, here goes:

- Ran today.   Twice.
- Fed my tribe and cleaned the kitchen multiple times.
- Interacted pleasantly with people at work and over the phone.  Even when I wanted to put my head down on my desk and nap.
- Ate a healthy lunch.  And took a 20 minute cat nap.  Possibly my best decision all day.
- Took care of the family guinea pigs.
- Drank lots of water.
- Congratulated a child on a sporting achievement. (The same event I missed, but I digress.......)
- Remembered to give antibiotics (twice!) to recovering child and reminded them to take a pro biotic too (I'm practically Louis Pasteur while also being the OTHER guy that invented the reverse)
- Vowed to get to bed at a reasonable hour. (still working on this as it is only 6:44 p.m.)
- Hugged every family member and told them I loved them. (Okay, THIS was actually my best decision of the day)

So, it may seem small, but I'm okay with the day's goings-on.  I've got one more on the list - cake pops for two birthdays that are coming up.  Because if there is one thing I'm good at it's this....when life hands you a couple of lemons, chop 'em up, add some flour and and sugar, put them on a stick, dunk them in almond bark and shower them with sprinkles.

Back up - change out the lemons for chocolate.  NOW we are talking.......




No comments:

Post a Comment