Monday, April 4, 2016
Easter, Spring Break, and everything in between
Hope you had a wonderful Easter. Can't believe it's been a week already.
We FINALLY got around to this yesterday.......
Try not to be envious of my time-management skills and punctuality. But the weather was bad, we had some time, and it was a great mother/son activity. Plus, we eat lots of hard-boiled eggs, so, WIN!!
This week has been filled with kids in and out of the house (mine and others) and sleepovers and late nights and chocolate and movies and down time. It's been great. The kids have one more day off, then back to school for 7 weeks and then it's SUMMER!!! The school year has gone so fast. I spent some time on Saturday planning a summer trip, so that is a fun thing to look ahead to and all of a sudden, it doesn't seem so far away!
Backtracking.........
Last Sunday my mother-in-law had us all over for appetizers and dessert. I told her I was stealing her idea for the next holiday because: 1) apps and desserts and mimosas - need I say more?!?!? 2) Clean-up was a snap. Disposable plates, etc, everybody takes their one serving platter home, and voila!!
I actually made 2 of the same cake and then swapped one with a neighbor for her fabulous pinwheels. Neighbor love :)
She thinks she got the best end of the deal, but you've never tasted her pinwheels!
Back to today, we are finishing up break by grocery shopping, (me) going to the library, and looking through closets/trying on clothes to assess warmer weather clothes needs. (Jesus, take the wheel ) Then, tomorrow starts back up and we hit the ground running. I'm grateful for the times of year that are a break from the norm. I'm also glad to get back to the norm. (Usually. I wouldn't mind a couple more days of un-norm this week.)
Here's to Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment