Saturday, January 23, 2016
40 Something Brain - it's a real thing.
Last night, a group of neighborhood girls went out to celebrate a friend's birthday. In years past, I called ahead to the restaurant to verify it would be acceptable to bring a cake.
So, one would think that I would show up, dessert box in hand, casually slip it to the restaurant staff while confirming it would be kept in a safe, chilled area until it was presented with candles to the birthday girl.
One would be wrong.
I forgot cake. That's right, not THE cake. I mean, I forgot cake. As in, it never once entered my addled brain that I am the girl that brings cake. I showed up to dinner just like a regular person.
I could launch into a string of excuses, but really, I think this is the easiest one......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




My brain is just as bad on two kids. I give you a pass, but I'm sure if I had been there I would have been looking around asking, "Where's the cake?!!?" LOL!
ReplyDelete