Sunday, November 1, 2015

November 1st

Hope you all had a fun Halloween.  It was cold and rainy, but the temperature actually started to improve as the evening went on. 

I ran my half marathon in the rain.  The entire 13.1 just RAINED.  In the beginning it wasn't too bad, the rain was just drizzly, and we did our best to avoid puddles.  But by the last 6 miles, the showers picked up and we were soaked.  My shoes took a full day to dry out.  It was miserable, but we finished in just under 2 hours!  Short of the full marathon, it was the hardest race I've run.  Weather definitely playes a huge role on race day.  I tried to soak in the scenery as best I could, but truthfully, I was most focused on not slipping, jumping around puddles (until the end, then I just didn't care anymore!) and JUST FINDING THE FINISH LINE!!! 

After getting home, I took the hottest shower possible, got into sweats, and made a cup of coffee.  I had a few hours to rest up until trick-or-treating started.  After my morning in the elements, I had zero desire to walk around, so Jerry took Kevin out, and Peyton went around with a group of friends.  (Reaghan went to a party - too old to beg for candy ;) )  I did eventually catch up with Kevin and the adults and it really wasn't too bad!  We enjoyed the rest of the evening, and went to two different houses to warm up and eat.  The kids had a tremendous candy haul, which meant we didn't have to feel guilty about "borrowing" a piece or two.

Which brings me to today.  I have decided to jump on the Whole30 bandwagon.  I will try to post a little more regularly for those who are interested.  I have a few reasons for doing this, but the main one is that I want to feel like my old, energetic self.  Well, actually, I'd like to feel like my younger, energetic self, but we'll take what we can get. ;)

So, at exactly 11:59 last night (old time) I enjoyed my last piece of Halloween candy for the month. (Peanut butter cup with Snickers also mixed in - I think I'll miss you the most)  I stocked up on the the healthy, tasty stuff I can have, and tried not to look back.

Update: I made it through today!  It wasn't bad at all, considering we had friends over and grilled out.  I had to maneuver through the minefields of chips and dip, Halloween candy, and garlic butter noodles.  But I did it!  Will post more later on what I ate. (I know, I know, you're all hanging on with bated breath....)


1 comment:

  1. Great job on your race, girl!!! I am also on a good eating quest.....about 30 days in of high protein,cutting out sugar/white flour. I haven't missed the sugar like I thought I would, but the flour is a different story. B has been making homemade bread every weekend and it smells soooooo good. And of course I love chips and salsa. Salsa on celery sticks just isn't as good. Sometimes it sucks, but I do feel better.

    ReplyDelete