Ready, set, GO!
I think the main reason I don't post regularly is the time element. The thought of finding 30-60 minutes of uninterrupted computer/writing time is overwhelming.
ENTER:
THE TIMER.
Actually, I'm just watching the computer clock, but it is great motivation to write something and just get it knocked out.
WHOLE30 Update: It was more like the WHOLE5 1/2. But hey, made it 1/6 of the way through. My thoughts:
- Unless you are prepared to dedicate major hours per week, this is probably not the plan for you. I started with plenty of great food, but had no time to prepare separate recipes, etc. By the fourth morning, I just couldn't choke down one more hard boiled egg.
- I can't separate food and celebration. I threw a baby shower Saturday night, and baked/prepared for 2 days. If you think I can hold off on chocolate cake, Oreo pops, Chocolate dipped pretzels, and whoopie pies, you probably haven't been reading this blog very long. It was as much a sadness in not participating as it was a craving for chocolate. Life's too short.
- I wasn't eating enough for my activity level. You can eat a lot of whole food, but one can only eat so much lettuce, tuna, apples, nuts. And the aforementioned eggs.
The upside:
- After running the half in pouring rain (hard thing), a few days with no sweets, grains, or dairy actually didn't feel that bad, (comparatively, not a hard thing.) That feeling started to wane after a few days. BUT, I feel it was a lesson in balancing out the good stuff with the not so good stuff that is so easy to scarf down, especially when you're hungry or tired. It can be done, albeit (if you're me) for just a few days.
- It's a great lesson in finding out what your body truly needs. Does it need the 3 p.m. chocolate pick-me-up?? Yes, yes it does. Kidding aside, I discovered that fruit tastes really yummy at that point. I also tried Medjool dates for the first time - SUPER sweet!
Well, I've gone way over my time limit, but look at that - I finished a post! Will wrap up with more healthy eating thoughts, pontifications, musings, etc, next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment