Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Catching up

How was your Easter?  What's that now - oh right, that was over a week ago, wasn't it??

We enjoyed a lovely day with my husband's family. The 10 kids (ages 17 down to 9) still enjoy an outdoor egg hunt, and it is truly one of the things they look most forward to participating in together.  We also ate lots of yummy food, including this little gem I found on Pinterest!

It is my new "go-to" dessert!

In between spring break, (which included a visit from some awesome out of town friends!) getting ready for Easter, and the continuing master bath renovation, (almost done!) it has been active around here, to say the least.  Yesterday, four contractors were in and out of my house, up and down the stairs multiple times, in and out of the garage and laundry room area.  Since I was trying to not be underfoot, I finally just sat myself down on the couch, then semi reclined on the couch, then flat out fell asleep on the the couch.  At one point, the glass shower door guy walked in for the first time and had to wake me up to ask for directions as to where he should proceed.  He seemed genuinely concerned for my health, as I was napping at the scandalous hour of 2 p.m. while people loudly trekked in and out of my house.  I'm not sure what this says about me as a person, other than that your 40's are an exhausting time in your life and you grab your sleep where and when you can.

I promise I will post before and afters soon!  For now, off to enjoy the relative quiet as I clean, do laundry, and meal prep!


And possibly nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment