Monday, October 20, 2014

A very quick post

Hi there and Happy Monday!  I have a list as long as my arm that I want to accomplish over the next week, so this will be short and bullet-point like!

- Fall Ball 2014.  All done.  Kind of sad, but as I got colder and colder sitting outside, my heart felt a little bit better about the whole thing ;)  Two out of three of our kids played, and I think yesterday were some of their best games yet!  It was a fun finish :)

- Halloween:  Still hate the gory grossness, LOVE the candy part.  At a post-softball get together last night, one of the moms made Butterfinger bars from scratch.  She said it was melted candy corn and peanut butter dipped in chocolate.  CAN YOU EVEN?!?!?!?  Must find recipe.

-  Then must run!

- Speaking of, I am trying to get back into running more consistently.  The days of outside running are coming to a close for the most part, so trying to fit a few more in.  I think my body is starting to think about forgiving me for running a marathon ;)

- I completely forgot to take pictures, but I baked three different Halloween treats for the Fall Fun Fair at school over the weekend.  I used Wilton candy eyes on brownies that I had drizzled with colored chocolate - such a fun thing to do for kids (and grown-ups too!)

- My husband and I joined a once a month bowling league.  Because apparently, we need to be more old and suburb-ish.  But it is SO fun!

- I have grand plans of organizing and being THAT mom with the up-to-date files, clean closets, kid chore lists and day/evening reminders all while cooking healthy dinners that have been chosen from my Pinterest boards.

- My reality is that I have baskets of unfolded laundry, piles of paper that overwhelm me, and a family that has an affinity for Kraft mac and cheese....Thick and Creamy or Three Cheese variety, thank you very much.  We do hold tight to some standards ;)

- Last, but certainly not least, my husband and I celebrated our 16th anniversary last week!  On our actual big day, we were at a Cub Scout fundraiser at one of those pizza/arcade/laser tag places.  We classed it up a bit by going out for a real dinner and movie on Saturday night (thanks, mom!) sans children, pepperoni, fruit punch, flashing lights, and prize counters.

So, I am signing off and hoping to at least glance at that to-do list and maybe get a couple of those things "to-done!"




No comments:

Post a Comment